Digital Workplace is about empowering users with data and applications while ensuring zero business interruption across locations and devices. Organizations need to provide a highly flexible and agile environment to users, wherein they can rapidly access data and applications specific to their work, while the IT teams seamlessly manage the backend including frequent updates and patches without any disruption to end-users.
Some of the goals of a Digital Workplace are as follows:
- Adopting digital technologies like Cloud Collaboration to improve employee engagement and collaboration
- Enhancing security protocols and easy features like Multi-factor Authentication & Single Sign On
- Using Content Management tools or applications to share and manage the content in the knowledge repository
This digital transformation of the workplace is now significantly accelerated by COVID-19. The almost-overnight demand for work from home and rapid change in business model by adoption of digital technologies has driven the need for collaboration tools like video conferencing and underscored the need for virtual desktops, cloud-based applications and other hallmarks of the new digital office.
- “64% organizations in India are expected to increase demand for cloud computing”
- Cloud market is expected to grow to 295 billion by 2021 at 12.5% Compounded Annual Growth (CAGR)
- It is estimated that the Global Digital Workplace Market size would reach $44.9 billion by 2026.