Employees no longer prefer to be glued to their desktops on a 9 to 5 routine but are more adaptive to an environment that offers them the flexibility to work from anywhere. Research confirms that seven out of ten employees globally, work remotely once a week, while more than five out of ten employees work half the week remotely.
While employee work preferences have evolved significantly, it is becoming difficult for enterprises to manage this rise in demand for anytime, anywhere, any device workplace. The most challenging part is to securely provide access to data and business applications to employees at the workplace of their convenience.
To manage the expectation of their employees, organizations will have to embark on their digital workplace transformation journey that adopts an employee centric approach while ensuring zero security threats, flexible work schedule, and high application availability for a superior employee experience and higher business outcomes.
In this post, we have outlined the factors that are accelerating workplace evolution.
- Increase in number of Smart Devices – The new generation of workforce are avid users of smart devices. With present day smartphones and tablets offering robust computing power, employee prefers access to business applications on their personal devices.
- End-point Security – End points are vulnerable to unauthorize access and data breach. It needs to be secured to ensure data security and any modern EUC solution must ensure a fully secure endpoint.
- Centralization of IT – The consolidation of the infrastructure resources offers multiple advantages including simplification of administrative tasks, enhanced security, and improved data management. This permits employees to access all centralized IT resources as per appropriate user privileges without any complexities.
- Increased Mobility – With employees being always connected, Mobility has enhanced efficiency, productivity, and flexibility for customer facing roles. Enterprises now leverage the benefits and flexibility of device diversity, unified consoles and swift deployment—all in one go.
- Windows 10 – Windows is mostly commonly used operating system in all enterprises due to its ease of use. The launch of Windows 10 has added versatility and enhanced user experience. With its simplified deployment and evolved user involvement, Windows 10 has quickly found more acceptability within organizations.
- SaaS Model of Consumption – There is an increasing preference from enterprise users to consume IT (whether software or hardware) in a “pay as you consume” mode and a reluctance to commit heavy upfront capital expenditure as in the past. This relieves IT teams from the burden of software installations, maintenance, and their upgrades.
Anunta, an expertise in virtualization technologies and a track record of transforming and managing 80,000+ endpoints across 100,000+ users for over a decade, can help you reconstruct your workplace for the evolving workforce.
So, how are things changing in your workplace. How do you want to see your workplace evolve?
Tell us, we would love to discuss your workplace transformation goals!!