Background & Challenges
The company is a leading provider of customized Business Process Management (BPM) services and are trusted custodians and long-term partners to 100+ leading brands with presence in the US, the UK, India and the Philippines. It specializes in helping customers stay ahead of the curve through transformational solutions in order to reimagine business processes and deliver increased efficiency, deeper insights and superior outcomes.
It wanted to completely transform its application delivery model to achieve superior end-user experience, improved application availability and performance, while lowering the overall cost of its IT operations. This End- User Computing (EUC) transformation was aimed at aligning IT performance to business goals of reducing revenue leakages and improving productivity.
The company was facing the following challenges in its endeavour to implement the work from home solution:
- Application availability: Given the 24X7 nature of back offices, the company wanted to ensure reliable delivery of business applications to its end-users.
- Security and compliance: The solution had to ensure that end-users had access only to role-specific applications. It also needed to safeguard clients’ corporate secure. Further, the solution also had to ensure adherence to strict compliance guidelines as pre-determined by the clients.
- Remote support: The company wanted to implement remote IT Support to provide 24X7 assistance its end-users spread across all geographic locations.
What Anunta Did
Anunta orchestrated a two-stage EUC transformation for the company. At the first stage, Anunta re-aligned the company’s IT infrastructure to deliver superior end-user experience. The second stage involved moving the new IT infrastructure to a managed environment, where Anunta created a proactive issue management process based on the ITIL framework.
Aimed at transforming the traditional IT management, Anunta focused on architecting exact-fit application delivery using virtualization technologies. Anunta designed an EUC architecture by identifying various user groups along with role-specific applications, compute and storage requirements, and implemented a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI). All applications were hosted on central servers located within on-premise datacenter, and virtual desktops were relayed to end-users via thin clients. Design specifics included a high level of detailing such as application base lining, cost of application delivery per hour, process improvement aimed at enhancing end-user experience and providing a process and business view of IT monitoring.
Anunta Onboarded 500 end-users onto the new IT infrastructure, migrated user data to the centralized servers and ensure seamless access post detailed user acceptance testing (UAT). Gradually, Anunta enabled large- scale Adoption of 18,000 end-users across multiple geographic locations to the new infrastructure and ensured consistent high application availability and end-user experience and productivity via its Managed Services:
- Smart Monitoring: for proactive remote monitoring of the of the new IT infrastructure.
- Service Desk: 24X7 support where Anunta takes end-to-end ownership of all IT incidents and service requests, all the way to resolution.
- Incident & Problem Management: round-the-clock management of all critical support requirements including diagnosis, isolation, recovery and complete root-cause analysis (RCA).
- Change & Patch Management: to ensure the new IT infrastructure is up to speed with the latest security and bug fix patches released by leading OEMs.
- Improved application availability: Streamlining of the IT infrastructure resulted in above 99.5% application availability across all end-users consistently. The company experienced zero brownouts and application delivery cost per hour fell by 30%.
- Enhanced IT support: Proactive monitoring of end-to-end IT infrastructure enabled the company to identify and resolve 74% of incidents before they could affect end-users.
- Improved profitability and cost reduction: A well-defined cost management framework, tracking hourly cost of application delivery as a key metric was implemented to align the IT cost structure with the business revenue model. The project helped the company achieve improvement in profit margins by 100+ basis points!