Background & Challenges
The customer is one of the leading private sector banks headquartered in Mumbai with pan India presence. The bank is committed to customer-centricity and high service quality while catering to the future businesses of India. Adopting international best practices in service quality and operational excellence, the bank offers comprehensive banking and financial products and services. With a knowledge-driven approach to banking, it offers superior customer experience for its retail and corporate clients.
The bank embarked on their digital transformation journey to transform traditional processes and adopt forward-looking technologies, enhancing end-user experience was at core of the initiatives. Enabling anywhere, anytime, any device access to data and core banking applications was central to the ensuring exceptional end-user experience.
However, the client had concerns relating to data security, application availability, and the added burden of managing end-user devices alongside the existing IT infrastructure. The bank was also worried about the complexity involved and the low-adoption rateof the technology.
The bank faced the following challenges:
Security: Enabling employees access to data andapplications from anywhere on device made corporate data vulnerable to theft and manipulation.
Application and Peripheral integration:
- End-users from different user groups spread across 600+ locations (including remote branches without VSAT) needed seamless access to legacy and core banking applications.
- The new infrastructure had to ensure integration of legacy as well as new peripherals (printers, scanners, etc.)
- Existing applications were running of multiple versions of Java. These needed to be consolidated.
What Anunta Did
Anunta initiated the bank’s EUC transformation by implementing virtual desktop infrastructure solution. In order to develop a robust digital workplace Anunta identified all possible inter-dependencies and complexities across all bank branches – user groups, peripherals, storage and compute requirements, legacy and new core banking applications.
Basis this research, Anunta’s EUC experts architected a virtualized environment on top of Citrix XenDesktop, XenServer, XenMobile, NetScaler and ShareFileservices.
Anunta also integrated its patented SaaS based AIOps monitoring platform – EuVantage – to enable proactive monitoring across the virtualization stack. It onboarded end-users to the new infrastructure and migrated data to central servers successfully post detailed user acceptance testing.
Moving beyond the Onboarding stage, Anunta effected successful across-the-board adoption of the new infrastructure for the bank’s 17,500+ end-users, covering all possible use cases including Anytime, anywhere, any device secured access to data and applications.
- Application delivery is now hardware and vendor independent.
- Since all applications and centrally located, they can be upgraded/patched and pushed to users much faster as compared to doing so manually on each device.
- Secure VPN access utilizing per app micro-VPN to protect corporate data accessed by mobile users.
- When an employee leaves (resigns), his/her reporting manager or HR can revoke his access to the mobile device by simply informing the IT administrator.
- ShareFile implementation enables secure file sharing while controlling actions (forwarding/printing/copying) to avoid any misuse or manipulation.