Background & Challenges
The customer is a global professional services firm. It drives digital-led innovation and digitally-enabled intelligent operations for a vast number of processes for hundreds of Global Fortune 500 companies in over 20 countries. It helps enterprises rethink and transform business operations and to create better business outcomes.
The customer had created island infrastructures to reengineer business operations for enterprises across the globe. These island infrastructures were completely independent of each other, making them inflexible and resulted in duplication of resources leading to high management cost. This was a significant issue especially with smaller projects, impacting the customer’s operating margin negatively. This eventually led to the customer having to drop smaller requests leading to loss of business opportunities and revenue.
The Customer wanted to move its existing workloads to the cloud from an on-premises infrastructure, it was critical for them to choose the right cloud platform for seamless access to data and applications for its users across offices. In the existing infra, application integration and scaling of users attracted high cost and led to business disruption. With high cost of integration, the Customer wanted to engage with an EUC implementation partner that could deliver high end-user experience.
The existing on-premises infrastructure across offices operated in silos leading to multiple challenges,
- Inflexible infrastructure resulted in duplication of resources, high administrative overheads and management costs.
- Significant issues were experienced during application integration negatively impacting operating margin.
- Expansion and scaling of users on the existing infrastructure attracted high cost and led to business disruptions.
- Loss of business opportunity and revenue, as it was difficult to undertake small business requests for ramp up/down of users.
What Anunta Did
Anunta identified infrastructure, security and implementation requirements and designed a solution using Horizon Cloud on Azure as it provided a multi-tenant set up that is secure, offered simplified management and reduced administrative overheads during application integration.
In consultation with the Customer, Anunta designed the solution while considering the following:
- Implementing Horizon Cloud on Azure across 400 end users, leveraging the Customer’s existing investment/infrastructure, where possible.
- Ensuring high availability and exceptional end-user experience & performance.
- Ensuring integration of critical business applications with VMware identity manager.
Standardization of golden images, implementation of security policies and enablement of third-party identity management ensured complete adherence to infrastructure and applications security. Initial teething issues were addressed for high quality of service. Anunta’s metric driven Day 2 operations delivered seamless applications availability to stabilize the environment.
Post deployment, Anunta’s metric driven Day 2 operations delivered seamless availability of applications by quickly stabilizing the virtualized environment. The 24x7x365 remote infrastructure management team ensured that all incidents are addressed with minimum disruption to the business. Proactive monitoring of the environment helped to quickly resolve more than 70% of the incidents before it impacted end-user performance and structured root cause analysis of incidents further helped to prevent its recurrence. Anunta’s standardized processes and methods ensured consistent and predictable day to day performance of the Horizon Cloud environment and minimal impact on end-users due to change-related incidents. Continuous monitoring of the virtual desktop environment helped to anticipate and quickly scale up/down the capacity depending on the business requirements. The outcome based and SLA driven approach resolved any CSAT related issues and enhanced user performance. The coordinated effort by both the teams ensured all security patches, bug fixes and performance enhancement patches related to Horizon Cloud infrastructure are released without business disruption.
- Moving to the robust Horizon Cloud infrastructure on Azure allowed the Customer the flexibility to choose the desired infrastructure for delivering and managing virtual desktops and applications besides switching to the pay as you go model.
- Moving applications to the Cloud enabled end-users to access them for multiple business requests eliminating the need to create island infrastructures resulting in reduced cost of management and enabled the customer to cater to the smallest of projects as well.
- Anunta’s outcome-based SLA’s and metric-focused approach ensured the virtualized environment on Horizon Cloud delivers over 99.98% application availability, minimized business disruption, and enhanced end-user performance.
- Anunta’s Managed Services ensured end-to-end management of the customer’s Cloud infrastructure.
- Root-cause analysis of incidents and proactive monitoring ensured that the Customer’s virtualized environment is always available for end-users and all application integration are achieved seamlessly.
- The multi-tenant architecture of Horizon Cloud coupled with Anunta’s expertise in implementation and management of the cloud infrastructure ensured business continuity and met all security standards.
- Beginning with the initially 50 end-users, over time Anunta’s Managed Services have enabled company to provide 400+ offshore end-users with secured access to data and applications through Cloud.